Friday, May 02, 2008

I have entitled this post "Big Changes" for a few reasons. First of all, I am now in my final month of being a bachelor. On May 26th at 3:00 pm I am getting married to my best friend and the love of my life, Jessica. It's truly amazing how much God has done in my life over the last year. I am extremely thankful for the ways in which He has provided and blessed my life more than I could've ever imagined.
As I have been preparing for my wedding, a lot of other things have been going on in my life as well. I moved out of my apartment last week. It was nice to get everything moved out and over to my future home where I'll be living once I'm married. Currently I am staying at my friend's house in Illinois living out of a suitcase. I am very thankful for God's provision in giving me a place to stay for only a month.
This Sunday will be another big change. I will be joining Jessica's church and getting baptized. I was baptized twice as an infant but I honestly do not believe in infant baptism since it really is hard for me to imagine that as an infant it was truly an outward expression of my inward faith. So on Sunday I will be joining the Reformed Baptist Church and getting baptized. I'm stoked!
Aside from all of these big personal changes in my life, the city of Davenport is currently flooded in parts of the downtown and there was an earthquake that could be felt here a few weeks ago. So now I can officially say that I've been in an earthquake. Although I really don't know if I felt it or not.
I am now only 25 days away from being married!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You're married by now! Congrats!