
We were blessed to have our old pastor, Pastor Taylor, come back to the church to do our wedding. He had recently accepted a position with the national missions board that our church is a part of. We were also extremely blessed to have family and friends there from all over the world. My brother and his girlfriend Nancy made the trip from Singapore and for the first time since a month before I left for Bangladesh, my entire immediate family was together again.
I cannot believe that it has been two months since I got married. Everyday seems to go by so quickly. I love being able to call Jessica my wife. She is the most amazing woman I've ever met. Her sense of humor and loving compassion is encouraging everyday. I cannot believe that God has blessed me with such an amazing wife.
For our honeymoon we went to Pensacola, FL. We had a great time hanging out at the beach, parasailing, jet-skiing and seeing dolphins in the ocean. It was the best vacation I've ever been on and I never wanted it to end.
When we got back home we spent some time getting everything settled into our house. Jessica had lived in the house already and most of my furniture was there, but we had gifts to go through and find room for. I am still working on my thank you cards!
Since being back in the Quad Cities, life hasn't slowed down by any means. Jessica had her tonsils removed, we had our Dopler family pictures, my parents stayed with us for the 4th of July and I got a promotion at work as the Marketing Assistant for the building and the Online Communications Coordinator for VenuWorks.
On Saturday Jessica and I will be flying to LA. This year's IAAM is being presided over by my dad and he is bringing the family out to join him. My sisters and brothers-in-law will already be in LA by the time we get there on Saturday. We are looking forward to another vacation, although I will be doing some work while I am there for the company. My friend Tim and his wife and child will be taking us to their church on Sunday and we are hoping to see some attractions while we are there as well.
I realize that my blogging has drastically gone down over the last year as my life got busy and I haven't found the time to blog. Once again I am working at the building after hours pulling the manager-on-duty shift. Tonight's event is a packet pickup and sports and wellness expo for the BIX race that is on Saturday.
I do eventually plan to post more picture of what's going on in my life soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment