Sunday, January 07, 2007

An update on the last few days...

My friend Isaac and I headed up to Chang Mai after a late lunch with Reba, Cicely and Robin. We took a train ride and met a few interesting people. We made two friends from New Zealand, Nicki and Bridget, who we partnered with in finding a hotel and seeing a few sights. The first two days in Chan Mai were a lot of fun. In our first day we took a boat tour north of the city that stopped off at a little place for snacks. The next day we took a cooking class and then that afternoon Isaac and I rented a few mopeds and drove around the the mountainside of the city. Things were going great as I went to sleep expecting to wake up to a fun filled day of treking, but when I woke up I had a small stomach ache. I ignored it and went on the trek where it got progressively worse. Eventually I was stuck in bed. I spent my entire 4th day there in bed trying to recover. Day 5, Jan 6, I spent slowly recovering and watching tv with another person who had been sick. That night, last night, Isaac and I took a bus back to Bangkok. So that is where I am now, sitting in an internet cafe and hoping to figure out my next move. Isaac and I are looking at different trips to southern Thailand. I am still waiting to get my letter from the ministry of home affairs in Bangladesh that would allow me to apply for my visa. So right now it's kind of a waiting game. The plane tickets for Dhaka leave on the 11th. It is in these moments of uncertainty that I am once again reminded of what little control I have compared to God's overall plan, whatever it may be.

1 comment:

Eli Suddarth said...

I'm praying for you, brother.