Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm back home! After an interesting flight on the Bangladesh Airline Biman, I arrived last night at around 10:00. It was weird to think that 6 months ago I was landing in Dhaka for the first time. This time was much different, I got off the plane, went through customs and within 20 minutes of landing in Dhaka I was in a taxi heading to my apartment. It felt so nice to walk back into my apartment last night. I was gone for 22 days which I realized is the longest that I've ever been away from somewhere I've lived. Anyways, all is good.
Today I went bowling with a few of the youth and I got to meet my new assistant Hannah who will be here for the next 6 months from South Africa. It was a lot of fun bowling with the youth that are not normally in Dhaka during the school year because they go to school in India. After a failed bowling experience at one of the bowling alleys, we went to the better bowling alley where everyone seemed to have a good time. All in all, it is great to be back home.

No comments: