Wednesday, September 27, 2006

When I last wrote, I mentioned that there might an outing/excursion this Friday. It looks like Bangladesh internet connections are to blame as it appears that things will not work out for that. Instead I am hosting a youth adult get together at my apartment for Friday morning into mid-afternoon. Hopefully a few people will show up.

Yesterday I substitute taught for a friend of mine who is sick. Since there was no written agenda for the day, the principal and I kind of winged it as far as what I taught. In my first class, 6th grade, we talked about Islam and how is began. The class got interesting when they wanted to know how big the mosque in Mecca is. The second class I taught was 8th grade. We talked about World War 2. It was interesting to study World War 2 from a non-American perspective.

As things continue to go well here, I cannot help but be homesick for Iowa City. The Iowa Hawkeyes are having one of the best football seasons they've ever had and for this Saturday's game at home against Ohio State, ESPN's "Gameday" will be there. I wish I could be there too. A huge blessing in Dhaka has been my friend David who is from Iowa City and went to the University of Iowa. Since one of our friends out here has the Armed Forces Network, we will be able to tape the game. So on Sunday night I'll be watching the game hopefully. This will probably be one of the only regular season games for Iowa that I'm going to go out of my way to watch. If Iowa goes to the Rose Bowl, well then, I might have to do the same...

No comments: