Tuesday, September 05, 2006


The hardest part about being away is knowing what you are missing back home. This week is the perfect example of a time when I feel that need to be home but I know I can't be. On Monday morning I received a phone call from my sister telling me that my Grandma Martha passed away. The funeral is this week and everyone has accepted that I won't be able to attend. I think about the last time that I saw her in July. It was my last day in the country and I was blessed to be able to share part of it with her. I am fortunate to say that 2 years ago I was able to tell her how important she was to me weeks before she went into the hospital never to be the same again. I was blessed to have her live 2 years after that hospital experience, and I was blessed most of all by having her as my grandmother. She will be missed.

No comments: