Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A glimpse of what's new in my life...

As I've already mentioned quite a few times, I am now working at the River Center and Adler Theatre in Davenport, IA. I really like being able to work in this business. I grew up with my father managing various arenas and theaters and now I find myself in the same business. It is nice to be able to come into all of this with a theater background and to be able to work for the same company. The company name just changed from Compass Facility Management to VenuWorks this month. The new name has been warmly accepted by everyone due to its originality and simplicity.

You can see the new name and logo to the left. Here is the website for Venueworks: http://www.venuworks.com
Here is the website for the Adler Theatre and River Center: http://www.adlertheatre.com, http://www.riverctr.com.

In areas outside of work, I've been able to make quite a few friends through the church that I attend here. It's a non-denominational church called Harvest Bible Chapel. It is a church plant from the Harvest Bible Chapel in Chicago. I really like the services and the focus that the church has on Romania. I would love to go back there sometime and so it's great to be able to have a few friends here who have also been there. Here is the link to Harvest: http://www.harvestdavenport.com.

I've found myself playing disc golf and tennis since I got back to the states. The disc golf was really no surprise since I've been playing for around 7 years, but the tennis has been a new development. I bought a racket and although I'm not good, it's fun to play and my apartment has courts.

I've lately been feeling the need to go international again. With Canada being as close as a 7 hr drive away, I am considering it as a plausible option. As that trip idea rests on the back burners, I am going to Salt Lake City, Utah in 2 weeks for a convention called the IAAM. The convention is for people who are involved with assembly management throughout the world. Growing up I went a lot with my dad and my family but I haven't been in 6 years. This year my dad is more heavily involved and for that reason, I get to go to show my support.

No comments: