Have you ever looked back at something and tried to take into account all that you've been able to take with you. Sadly, my experience in Bangladesh will only allow me to take a few things that are actually tangible. Due to new restrictions imposed by the British government, British Airways will only allow me to take one carry-on and two pieces of checked luggage. One sweet thing about all of this is that a slight problem has been avoided. Ron, my friend who will be taking my apartment once I leave, is going to the US tonight. On his trip he will be stopping over in Minneapolis. I asked him if he'd be able to take my guitar with him and he said that he would. Thank God! I no longer need to worry about how to get my guitar, 2 suitcases and laptop briefcase to the US. Also, I no longer have to haul around my guitar with me in Europe. Needless to say, this is a huge help!
When I came here I packed a week's supply of clothes and a lot of products that I didn't think I'd be able to find here. It's pretty interesting now when I take a look at how much my load has grown since I left the US. I am trying to fit within the baggage restrictions of 23 kg/51 lbs maximum suitcase weight. Today I was using a friend's scale and discovered that I am right at the brink. Things should barely be able to work, though this now means that I will be unable to bring much in terms of souvenirs. Oh well, at this point in the game I am just happy to see that I will be able to bring everything back that I need to. There's a good chance that I'll be leaving some clothes here...I've already been able to hand off some clothes to friends here, so that's good.
On a different note, tonight I will be having my last OIC at my apartment. Next week we are heading to our new location to have a game night for both OIC and Living Water. Overall, it's slowly sinking in that I am leaving...11 days left in Bangladesh including today.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment