Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Last night I was talking with someone about how God molds us. I mentioned that roughly a year ago I changed the name of this blog to "the potter's clay." To this day I am still comprehending the magnitude of what that means. I am clay. I am daily being molded and refined by God to be made more into the person that He wants me to be.

It really is amazing how much has changed from a year ago. My departure from Bangladesh came as a surprise to me initially as I sat in wonder as to why God was calling me home. I never fully understood why I was brought back to the US and of all places, why I was brought to Davenport, Iowa. In my first months back home I felt lost. I couldn't fully understand why I was here. Why did God bring me to the US and why did I feel compelled to move to Davenport instead of Minneapolis or Kansas City or Iowa City? It was 4 months ago today that I began to understand God's plan, that was the day that I met my girlfriend Jessica.

I have never met anyone in all my life who has challenged me and encouraged me in my faith the way that she does. I was resistant to get involved in youth group ministry again until she introduced me to the youth from her church. When I first got to Davenport I was looking for a church home and all that I could find was a place that my college roomate was going and where I felt like I would always be a visitor, this changed the day that Jess started taking me to her church. I am now in the process of looking at joining her church. I love the genuine and humble approach to worship and study that her church has that I have never found anywhere else. I am thankful and amazed that God has placed such a wonderful woman in my life.

I have been back in the US for 8 months now and I am so thankful that I can say I've known Jessica for half of that amount of time. What a great and awesome God we have.

No comments: