Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things are starting to pick up with work finally. After a slow summer we are now getting into our main season. On Thursday we had Alice Cooper perform in our building. The show wasn't the type that I would go to but I must say that off stage Alice Cooper is extremely nice. I got the chance to be in charge of the meet and greet and so I stood about 4 feet away from him. It was pretty cool. I defintely felt like I was living the move "Wayne's World". (If you've seen the movie, then you know why)
On Friday and Saturday I went to a concert series that was being held in Le Claire Park. Le Claire Park is right on the Mississippi River in Davenport and is more or less the pride of the city. On Friday night I went with my friend Eli and Amy B. and we saw a few bands that were pretty good but left before Reel Big Fish took the stage. On Saturday I went with my friend Jessica to see the band America play. The concerts were well done and I had a good time. The Mississippi was about a foot away from being out of its banks and into the park, so that was kind of strange. People docked their boats right along the river and had perfect views of the stage for free! Tomorrow night is the Festival of Praise concert going on at the park. I'm looking forward to going to it as well. So yes, the time for concerts has definitely begun.

No comments: