For the last week work here has been a bit slower. Without any events scheduled for this week, I went into work thinking that this will be a quick week without anything really memorable happening. Well, that changed today around noon. I was talking with my friend Nick who is caravaning with me to a wedding today. He was just getting off of work at the plant he works at in the town Muscatine, a town just a little west of Davenport. As we were talking the conversation broke when he said, "I think that there's a tornado warning and I have to get downstairs." We got off the phone and I looked outside and talked with my boss Steve about what is our plan if we have a tornado here. We talked for a bit and then we kind of went about business as usual. I talked with a few co-workers and let them know that a tornado had just hit Muscatine and that it was probably headed here. About 30 minutes later I was with my co-workers taking shelter. I haven't yet heard any damage reports from Davenport, we had a tree get struck by lightning just outside, but that's really been it. Muscatine reports have said that a Holiday was hit as well as a McDonalds.
Overall this reminds me of the tornado that hit Iowa City in my last year of college. I guess I just love the excitement of a tornado.
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment